7.25.2012

Library Time

As a child, I don't remember there being a big emphasis put on reading at home...I am sure this was just fine, with me being a child, but it made it ever so difficult in school being surrounded by strong readers. I would dread when everyone would read aloud in a circle. I couldn't even concentrate on what the story or text was about. Instead, I would be skipping forward to the part I would have to read aloud and I would pre-read it to myself to make sure I didn't sound stupid reading it ( I would hate coming across a word I didn't know how to say). Embarrassing, and I am sure this somehow affected my language arts skills. We all know that reading and writing go hand and hand (to all of you grammar people out there-Sorry in advance-my grammar may not always be perfect, but I will get better as I continue to blog and read). Now as an adult, with children of my own, I am very determined to emphasize how important reading is. I have made it a bi-weekly event that I bring the kids to the public library to get books. I am extremely determined to raise strong readers. As part of our list of goals for 2012, I have gotten rid of cable and we read more. It is also suggested for Damien to read 10 books over summer vacation. He is not pumped about this, but what 10-year-old would be? I have a personal goal to read to Amar'e on a daily basis. Depending on the condition of the house, nap time, lunchtime, errands, this sometimes doesn't happen, but I make an effort. I will sometimes read to her what I am reading to kill two birds with one stone (we do not support killing anything, its just a saying). Here is a look at our selection of books we picked up last Friday at the library:

 Amare's selections
 Damien's selection
My selections



Happy reading my friends! ♥



Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...