4.16.2014

Homemade Baby Wipes



I was elated to hear from a friend that she came across a homemade baby wipe recipe that she thought I would love. She was beyond right……I LOVE it! Diapering and wiping a baby's tiny behind is by far the most expensive part of having baby. Well, maybe feeding is if your not breastfeeding your little one. But, either way, it is pretty pricey and to buy wipes. This recipe, along with some thrifting thinking, can cut out the expense of buying wipes entirely. This recipes is made up of all natural organic ingredients and receiving blankets….eco-friendly and non-toxic. Does it get any better than that?

I ordered my ingredients from Mountain Rose Herbs but I am sure you find these things other places online or your local nature food store.

What you'll need to make one batch of wipes:

-Receiving blanket, old t-shirt cut into 8x8 square
-2 cups of boiled water (cooled but still warm)
-1 tablespoon Aloe Vera Gel
-1 tablespoon Which Hazel Extract
-2 tablespoon Castille Soap
-2 Vitamin E Caps
-1 tablespoon Olive oil
-6 drops of Orange Bitter Essential oil
-6 drops of Lavender Essential oil

How to make this magic happen:

-Find, cut, and fold wipes while waiting for water to boil. Once you have a good amount of wipes cut, you will be washing and using them over and over again. They might become stringy from being cut up. Just pull stings and throw the stings away.

 Receiving blankets cut into 8x8 squares



 Accordion fold them.  


Once water is boiled pour into a bowl and throw in the vitamin E caps so they can dissolve while water is still hot. Once water has cooled off a bit, add in all the remaining ingredients and give a good stir. 

Let mixture cool while stirring occasionally.
Pour the cool wipe mixture over the wipes in the container. Close top and flip over a few times to ensure the wipes are saturated with mixture.


This recipe can be made in batches. I made a gallon of it in a dispensing container and just dispense about 2 cups of it into my wipe container over freshly washed and folded wipes.


*I use an old wipe container for the dirty wipes. I empty them into a laundry bag like this one when it gets full and throw it in the wash with the rest of the baby clothes. I have two groups of wipes so that I'm never without wipes. One being used and one getting washed. It's been working beautifully for four months now.

Don't forget to enter my Goosewaddle blanket giveaway here


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs






1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I bet those wipes smell and feel so good when you use them... how fortunate little Anderson is that his parents care about the little things like this!!
    Great job on creating these homemade wipes and kudos to the person that gave you the recipe!
    I love that you try to be as natural as possible!
    xo
    LU
    Awnee San

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...